I suspect that people get sick of me bragging on myself, but I love getting nominated for these awards that come around over and over, like an uncommon cold or that old college pal that can never pay their rent.
I love it because, as I think you know, too often blogging is like standing in the middle of a deserted bridge and howling into the dark night over the edge. Maybe someone hears you…maybe not. So…someone remembered my name (well, my handle) long enough to stick it on the list.
So, here it is:
I’m not sure how I’m a mystery blogger. I’m pretty open about who I am.
Okay, everyone knows there are rules associated with these, so let’s have at them.
- Put the award logo image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated and provide a link to their blog
Thanks, and I mean it, to L of Z Odyssey Anime Reviews Blog. It’s good; you should check it out., whose blog is
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma. (I cut and pasted that from LofZOdyssey, so I owe him another. Since he’s in Osaka and I’m in Connecticut, I probably won’t have to pay that off.)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
Let me modify this: I’ll tell you three things about myself that haven’t come up in the blog before. Okay?
- Remember the Dragonriders of Pern? I went to Junior High with Anne McCaffrey’s son Todd and was a guest at her house many times. (I walked past it again playing Pokemon Go at Christmas-time last year. Anne and Todd (and Alex and Gigi) moved to Ireland around 1975.)
- I am a gym rat. I exercise and walk at least four kilometers every day, and work out with a trainer every week. Yeah, it’s expensive.
- My current car is a 2006 Volkswagen Rabbit. It has a little over 30,000 miles on it because I routinely walk to stores and use mass transit to work. So as long as the car starts, who needs a new one? Besides, I have gym bills to pay.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
I may not make it to ten, but I’ll throw some nominations out there.
Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews, even though he’s mad at me for complaining about Promare‘s mechas 🙂
I think TCrow from Crow’s World of Anime should be nominated for every award every time for the amount of work he puts into promoting the anime blog community.
DerekL at Apprentice Mage’s Lounge is as fond of meta as I am. And that’s pretty damned fond
There are others I should nom but I’ve been into the Irish coffee for a while now and am nice and toasty inside and out.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominee any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question
- You get to recommend ONE anime series to the readers of your post. JUST ONE. What is it and why?
- Where do you get ideas for your posts?
- What kinds of things do you like to do to get exercise, or just out into the fresh air?
- What was the last book, excluding light novels and manga, you really liked?
- Pluto: Planet or not? Why?
- Share 2 links to your best posts
Two of my best posts, I think, are:
I especially liked that second one, since I had to make my own graphics for it 🙂
Here are LofZOdyssey’s questions:
1 ) I am alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I?
I figured this one out. Fire.
2 ) What can you catch but never throw?
Dunno. A cold? Venereal disease? You can also catch Hell if you screw up, but if you try to throw Hell you’ll probably wreck your arm.
3 ) A man walked into town on Friday. He stayed two nights and left again on Friday. How?
I already knew this one. Friday is his horse’s name.
4 ) Which US state is round on both sides and high in the middle?
Also knew this one already, having gone to college in Michigan: O-hi-O
5) Name three consecutive days without using Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, a month, or a date.
This is probably not right, but how about Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day?
And th-th-th-th-that’s all, folks! More relevant content coming Monday.