Apparently Confessions of an Overage Otaku has been nominated for … Well, the words “worst” or “stinkiest” don’t appear, so I guess it’s good!
That sounds Real Neat, doesn’t it?
Well, seriously, thank you!
There are terms and conditions, of course. I mean, to get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame you have to promise to show up and play, right? So here they are:
1. Display the award logo. Done and done!
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
I was nominated by Yahari Bento, who has a much nicer looking blog than mine
3. Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- What are you looking for in the end of this year? I have National Novel Writing Month all November, so I’m hoping to have the first draft of a new novel finished by then
- The beverage you will drink during that time: Guinness Extra Stout and Oseki Sake
- The snack? You can choose more than one. I usually have small sandwiches as snacks.
- Your best experience during Halloween? I’m ‘way too old for Trick or Treating. For years the deadline for submitting academic papers to a certain conference was November 1, so I invested many a Halloween typing frantically
- Vampire, werewolf, zombie, mummy, witch. Which one is your fav? Vampire. I have a recurring vision of Dracula coming to America and kicking the asses of all of Stephanie Meyer’s sparkly twat vampires
- Can you recommend me horror anime? I can’t! Horror is a genre I have no interest in. Elfen Lied is pretty gruesome
- If you can do anything while riding roller coaster, what will you do? Jump off before it starts. I’m terrified of heights
4. Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Karandi at 100 Word Anime
- Irina at I Drink and Watch Anime
- Lina at tinyuglyanimal.com
- Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews
- Sara at SFFReviews
- Hobo Moon Cartoons
- And my buddy Anna. She’s not been too active lately, but when she has something to say it’s worth reading
5. Ask them seven questions
- What’s your single, one favorite anime or author? You can only pick ONE!
- What’s your favorite cartoon made in America (non-Anime)?
- What’s your favorite place to visit?
- Is getting nominated for something like this fun or a pain in the buns?
- Sports: Do you have a favorite or is your favorite None of the Above?
- Are you a morning person, a night person, or other?
- If you could write your own seventh question, what question would you write and what would the answer be?
And that’s all there is to it. Once again, thanks, Yahari Bento. I’m not even sure how you found me, but it’s always nice to be found in the blogosphere.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. See you again next Sunday!